Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
New Directions for Young Adults (www.NDFYA.com) is a multidisciplinary Clinical Program. We support young adults with high functioning autism (ASD), learning disabilities, and other developmental challenges. Our clients live independently in their own apartments and receive customized supports from a variety of providers. Services provided by New Directions include life management skill training, financial skills management, academic support, vocational counseling, social skills training, social activities, and more. We are a growing company and are looking for professional, reliable, organized and compassionate employees to join our close knit, collegial and fun treatment team.
Clinical JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide individual, family, and group therapy (with supervision for clinicians in training) to college age individuals diagnosed with autism and/or other neurobiological disorders. Responsibilities under supervision include (but are not limited to):
- Group and individual therapy
- Family consultations
- Crisis Intervention
- Development and implementation of treatment plans
- Prepare and maintain treatment records and reports
- Attend interdisciplinary staff meeting
QUALIFICATIONSEducation/ License/ Certificates: LMHC, Psy.D., or Ph. D. degree in Mental Health, Psychology or Social WorkPrevious registration with the appropriate State of Florida Board of Behavioral Sciences governing practice.Knowledge/ Abilities/Skills:
- Knowledge of human development throughout the lifespan, interventions based on research and theory, formal diagnostic criteria, risk assessment, evidence-based practices and assessment tools.
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Anxiety, depression and learning differences.
- Knowledge and understanding of existing relevant statutes, case law, ethical codes, and regulations affecting professional practice of marriage and family therapy. Ability to assist in the development treatment plans and provide counseling and/or psychotherapy services.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people from varied backgrounds.
- Ability to organize work, set personal priorities and meet deadlines as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to use Microsoft based computer software applications (Such as Microsoft Word and Excel) for drafting documents, data management, maintaining clinical documentation, and tracking qualitative improvements.
- Valid Drivers License, reliable transportation, evidence of car insurance and insurable driving record.
- Pass a Department of Justice background investigation.
- Provide evidence of a negative TB Test initially and every three years thereafter.
This position offers excellent clinical experience; especially for those interested in in working with our client population. In addition, there is real potential for growth with the company, as many of our initial hires have advanced to higher level positions in the company.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com